The Office for General Education Is Pleased to Announce Microgrants for General Education Courses.
Do you have an innovative idea to engage students in your General Education course? Is there a concept your students struggle with and you have an idea of how to help their learning? Want to embed a hands-on project or experience? Share your idea with us and we will help you make it happen.
- request must be for a senate approved General Education course
- maximum request is $500 per class
- must be used for classroom materials or activities to support learning of course and General Education objectives
- cost sharing is encouraged
- a brief impact statement must be submitted at the end of the semester, module, or activity to summarize how student learning was impacted
- limited to one per instructor per semester and preference will be given to those who have not received funds previously.
Requests will considered starting August 24, 2020, and thereafter will be reviewed on a rolling basis and responses can be expected approximately 2 weeks after submission. Any instructor may apply - full-time or part-time, tenure-track or teaching-track. There are on the order of 100 microgrants available.