The Office for General Education Is Pleased to Announce Microgrants for General Education Courses.
Do you have an innovative idea to engage students in your General Education course? Is there a concept your students struggle with and you have an idea of how to help their learning? Want to embed a hands-on project or experience? Share your idea with us and we will help you make it happen.
- request must be for a senate approved General Education course
- maximum request is $500 per class
- must be used for classroom materials or activities to support learning of course and General Education objectives
- cost sharing is encouraged
- a brief impact statement must be submitted at the end of the semester, module, or activity to summarize how student learning was impacted
- limited to one per instructor per semester and preference will be given to those who have not received funds previously.
Requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis and responses can be expected approximately 2 weeks after submission. Any instructor may apply - full-time or part-time, tenure-track or teaching-track. There are on the order of 100 microgrants available.